A head-up display (HUD) shows vehicle and traffic-related информация directly in the area of the windshield. A windshield HUD gives the impression that the display is two to three meters away, in the field of vision directly in front of the bonnet. This enables the driver to access relevant data more intuitively without having to change the line of sight.
Turning on Head-Up display on Toyota Prius
- To see the available Head-Up Display, press the HUD button just to the left of the navigation system.
- The HUD button indicator will come on and the display itself will appear above the steering wheel on the lower part of the windshield.
- Short presses of the HUD button will cycle you through three options. Your speed, speed and Hybrid System Indicator, and off.
- With the display on, pressing the NAVI button just below will add turn-by-turn directions at upcoming intersections when you have a destination programmed into the navigation system.
- When active, the display also shows warning messages for lane-keep assist, dynamic radar cruise control, and the pre-collision system.
- Use the Up and Down arrow buttons to adjust the positioning of the display for the best viewing as you drive.
- You can use the bottom button with the arrows to adjust brightness.